Improving Schools Australia was formed so that your school team has someone to walk beside them in their school improvement journey. Improving Schools Australia has the human resources, the expertise, and the time to assist school leaders to improve outcomes for students in any direction, in any area.
The ultimate goal of school improvement is to improve outcomes for students, including levels of achievement and wellbeing. However, because the context of each school is different, every school faces a challenge. Improving Schools Australia can assist each school :
- to find the most effective way of engaging staff, students, parents and the local community in review conversations,
- for gathering and using data to inform evidence based judgements,
- for prioritising and allocating resources towards improving student learning
- to review and develop school practices to improve teaching and learning.
To assist all members of each school and their local community to create and sustain a culture of continuing review, renewal and improvement so that each student can experience improved educational outcomes, particularly those related to levels of achievement and wellbeing.
At the heart of our work is an ongoing trust relationship between the school leadership team and ourselves. We offer:
- Help – We are here to help you, but we will also challenge, mentor and support you. It is your school and we will strive to help you make it an even better school.
- Patience – We will work with you, at a pace that suits you and your staff. Quality support needs quality time.
- Professionalism — We have all worked in similar environments, under similar conditions as you are now experiencing. We know what it is like to lead, manage and care for a school community.
- Pragmatism — We know the difference between reality and ‘wishful thinking’. Our team has extensive experience that ensures our support is always practical and our recommendations are possible and achievable.
- Expertise — We have collective expertise in school leadership, school governance, curriculum planning and assessment, teaching and pedagogy, finance and sustainable budgeting, community partnerships, pastoral care and cyclical school accreditation.
- Community — We know both sides of the school fence. Our experience includes finding ways to improve the school through positive engagement with church, community organisations, businesses, parents, carers and cultural groups.