I have been a school leader for many years, with a long-held commitment to supporting staff to do their very best work for the benefit of their students.
I am committed to the belief that all young people deserve access to the best teaching and learning opportunities. It has been my privilege to both model and mentor others toward fulfilment of that belief.
My passion is the development of educational dispositions that are used in good and effective ways to improve learning outcomes for students.
I am known for the positive relationships I build, my planning and attention to detail.
Key Skills and Experiences
- Working with schools to review planning and operations with the aim of improving student outcomes
- Developing online staff evaluation and goal-setting processes aimed at building capacity
- Researching and developing measures of home– school partnerships for primary, middle and senior schools
- Studying the character development of students and what it means to be an enlightened, ethical, engaged and effective adult member of society.
- Director of Research and Head of Client Services for the Centre for Innovation, Research, Creativity and Leadership in Education (CIRCLE), 2012–2015
- Head of Senior School, Fraser Coast Anglican College, 2010–11
- Deputy Head of Senior School, Anglican Church Grammar School (Churchie), 2000–2009.
- External Panel Reviewer: School Improvement Unit
- 1974 Diploma of Teaching, Kelvin Grove Teachers College
- 1978 Bachelor of Education, Kelvin Grove College of Advanced Education
- 2009 Master of Education (Leadership), University of Queensland
- 2014 Doctor of Philosophy, University of Tasmania (in progress)