I have a goal to use the knowledge and experiences I have gained over many years, in all aspects of school operations, to assist school leaders in particular, and others working in schools, to improve student learning outcomes by exploring understandings of how to create:
- a culture of high expectations for all
- clarity about what is to be taught and learnt
- focus on improving professional collaboration
- improvement of teaching practices.
With 35+ years of experience in Queensland education, I am energetic and passionate about the different ways we can improve levels of achievement and wellbeing for each student. I believe in positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues, and in ‘walking the talk’.
Key Skills and Experiences
Depth and breadth of knowledge and expertise in all aspects of the learning and teaching process, school operational matters, employment and governance.
Acknowledged curriculum development expertise during employment with Queensland Studies Authority, Queensland School Curriculum Council.
Involvement in the beginning years of three schools. The first as a teacher in a secondary school; the second as Chair of the governing body of a primary school; and later as a Principal tasked with expanding an existing primary school to become a P–12 dual campus college.
- Prince of Peace Lutheran College, 2007–2015
- LORDS 2005–2007 (including Bethania LPS, 2006)
- Head of Learning and Teaching, Redeemer LC, 2001– 2005
- QSA Review Panels 1987–1998 (State Chair, 1989– 1998)
- Queensland Studies Authority Health & Physical Education Subject Advisory Committee, 1989–1998
- Queensland School Curriculum Council 1996–1998
- Chair, Living Faith Lutheran Primary School Council, 2003–2005
- Chair, Pine Rivers Lutheran Parish, 1999–2005
- Lutheran Education Queensland Industrial Relations Committee, Relations: 2009–2014
- Single Bargaining Unit (Employer Representative), 2006–2014.
- External Panel Reviewer: School Improvement Unit
- 1977 Bachelor of Human Movement Studies (Education), The University of Queensland (UQ)
- 1983 Bachelor of Educational Studies, UQ
- 1993 Graduate Diploma Health Promotion, Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- 1999 Master of Health Science, QUT
- 2003 Graduate Diploma in Theology in Education, Australian Lutheran College