As an educator for over 30 years it has been my consistent privilege to find ways in which to help students achieve their potential.
This has taken me from the classroom to the principal’s office, to writing curriculum documents for government curriculum and assessment authorities and, more recently, to varied and fulfilling roles as an educational consultant.
Whatever the role, whatever the site, I remain committed to using my knowledge and expertise to improve educational outcomes for our students.
Key Skills and Experiences
- Expert knowledge and skills in all aspects of curriculum development, assessment, delivery and review based on extensive teaching practice, augmented by eight years in government curriculum and assessment authorities
- Broad experience as a school leader, manager of curriculum teams in government authorities, developer of curriculum and assessment tools
- Experienced consultant and presenter in areas of leadership, neuroplasticity and the teaching– learning relationship, differentiation, curriculum and pedagogy
- Experienced advocate for appropriate and effective school–community partnerships that benefit student learning
- Individual member: International Confederation of Principals.
- Wooloowin SS
- Northgate SS
- Norris Road SS
- The Gap SS
- Tullawong SS
- Geebung SS
- Queensland Studies Authority K–10 Resources
- Queensland School Curriculum Council
- Doctrina Education Pty Ltd
- The Wealth Academy Pty Ltd
- External Panel Reviewer: School Improvement Unit
- 1980 Diploma in Teaching (QUT)
- 1987 Bachelor of Education (QUT)
- 1990 Graduate Diploma in Education: Computer Education (QUT)
- 2000 Masters in Business Administration – Executive (UQ)